That morning look in the mirror reminds us that the hair is graying, thinning, or balding, and weight begins to be noticed. Also, wrinkles begin appearing. We might think that we couldn’t turn the heads of the opposite sex anymore. Welcome to the Forties Club.
“Mid-life transition” is something that happens to many of us at some point during life (usually at about 40, give or take 20 years).
It is a natural process and it is a normal part of maturing.
Mid-life can raise issues such as:
• Discontent with life or the lifestyle that may have provided happiness for many years
• Boredom with things/people that have held great interest and dominated your life
• Feeling adventurous and wanting to do something completely different
• Questioning the meaning of life, and the validity of decisions clearly and easily made years before
• Confusion about who you are, or where your life is going